21 December 2011

A Blue Christmas

     For the first time ever, there are no Christmas decorations in our house. We have no tree. My brother-in-law did put a wreath and lights on our front door, but that's it. Somehow, I don't mind, since Christmas is in the heart and not in our surroundings, but mostly because I respect my mother's wishes. She misses my dad.
     The other day in the car, Mom and I were listening to her favorite easy listening station, and Johnny Mathis came on singing "I'll Have a Blue Christmas Without You." It was just white noise to me, until Mom said suddenly, "Oh, stop saying that!" -- then I realized how painful this time is for her, and quickly changed the station.
     Daddy is very much in our hearts this Christmas.


1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful picture of your parents. Def one to cherish xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...