30 June 2014

My Favorite Things Beginning with "A"

True, I was inspired by a very popular blogger who began this meme: commenter asks for a letter, he assigns one, and the commenter in turn writes a post listing all his/her favorite things beginning with that letter. However, I did not ask said blogger for a letter; I just decided to do this on my own. So there. And I may do more than one letter if I so choose. In fact, I may go through the entire alphabet, if my sanity reaches a low enough trough.

Today's letter is A.

Favorite author: Austen, of course!
Favorite book by any author: Anne of Green Gables by Lucy Maud Montgomery
Favorite film: All About Eve
Favorite actor: Fred Astaire
Favorite actress: Jean Arthur, Dame Judith Anderson, Julie Andrews, Eve Arden
Favorite composer: none
Favorite opera: Ariodante (Handel)
Favorite food: Almonds and almond paste. I've yet to try almond butter, but I have a feeling I'll like it.
Favorite place, geographical or otherwise: Abbey of Regina Laudis, Bethlehem, CT
Favorite fictional character, in any medium: Anne Elliot, Persuasion

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...