12 September 2012

Another Questionnaire

Since I can't think of a subject to write a post about, I swiped this questionnaire from HGO's Facebook page.

My earliest memory is of President Kennedy's funeral.
At school, I daydreamed about boys and being a concert pianist.
My school report usually said "she skips class too often."
My first relationship was with Ethel Merman. I fell in love with her Annie Get Your Gun album, and Mom had to borrow it from the library again and again. I sang along on all the songs; I think I was around 4. I guess you could say she was my first voice teacher.
I don't like talking about politics.
My most treasured possession is—well, if we're talking about something material (as opposed to spiritual) I'd have to say my library.
My father/mother always told me (my mother): "God be with you."
In the movie of my life, I'd be played by ... I can't think of any neurotic Asian actresses.
I wish I had learned Italian sooner.
I wish I hadn't ... been so selfish all my life.
My guiltiest pleasure is Frasier.
The six famous people, living or dead, I'd like to invite to dinner are: Leonardo da Vinci, Ben Franklin, Mozart, Bernard Shaw, David Hyde Pierce, and Stephen Hough
I'm very bad at finances.
It's not fashionable, but I love manual typewriters, fountain pens, and dip pens.
If I could live anywhere, I'd choose a quiet village in England, but a quick train ride from London.
My greatest fear is being alone at the end. I don't mean living alone; I mean not having family or friends nearby.
If only I could stop being ambitious and wanting the praise of others.
The hardest thing I've ever done was say goodbye to all my opera friends.
I relax by watching movies at home, reading, writing ... and prayer brings the greatest peace of all.
What I don't find amusing is people speaking or writing of others derogatorily because of their spiritual/moral beliefs or political views.
I'm always being asked "Where does the name 'Austria' come from?" I DON'T KNOW, OKAY???
My worst job was ... I have to rephrase the question, since the only jobs I've ever had were as a pianist/coach/singer/musician: The worst production I was ever assigned to was ... and there are so many to choose from! Probably Jackie O. Also, that show about Ruth (can't remember the name) in which there was a line about the "vulva." One of the younger chorus guys asked what a vulva was, and I said, "Well, it ain't a car."
I often wonder what heaven is like.
What would surprise people about me is that I'm not half as smart, nor as verbally articulate, as I pretend to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...