13 September 2012

Lately I've Been ...

Okay, I still can't think of a topic for a bonafide post. So I swiped this meme from this blog, who swiped it from here and there, who in turn swiped it from its creator at this blog, and if anyone wants to swipe it from me, swipe away.
Anyway, it goes like this: "Lately I've been ... "
 
... writing
absolutely nothing. Which is why I'm doing this meme. And Lord knows I sure haven't been writing any poems.
 
... reading
A Nineteenth-Century Childhood  by Mary MacCarthy (the one that belonged to the Bloomsbury Group, not the Mary MacCarthy that writes books about embroidery, and not the Mary McCarthy --different spelling, note -- that wrote The Group—which isn't about the Bloomsbury Group, anyway. Are we confused yet?).
 
... listening
to Fifty Poems by Emily Dickinson  read by Meryl Streep, Glenda Jackson, Stephanie Beecham, and, unfortunately, Sharon Stone.
Music-wise, I received yesterday Stephen Hough's new one, his French Album, and have been wallowing in its aural luxury ever since. This is pianism at its most subtle and sensitive, with a tweak of cheekiness towards the end of the disc. Highly recommend.
 
... watching
you mean, besides Frasier ? Uh ....
Just kidding. I've also been watching the first season of The Courtship of Eddie's Father and wanting to squeeze little Brandon Cruz because he's such a wee cutie-patootie. I don't do current TV series for some reason. Lots of Food Network and HGTV.
 
... looking
at a lot of paintings. By a lot of painters. Sorry I can't be more specific.
 
... feeling
extremely middle-aged.
 
... anticipating
the next seasons of Dancing with the Stars, The Next Iron Chef,  and Downton Abbey.  I lead a very exciting life.
 
... wishing
I could see David Hyde Pierce in Vanya and Sonia and Masha and Spike.  For that matter, I've been wishing I could see David Hyde Pierce in anything, anywhere. Also, that I could see Stephen Hough in concert or recital.
 
... loving
watching Chopped! with my mother, Blue Bunny's Bordeaux Cherry Chocolate ice cream (wow, that's a lot of alliteration), and Christopher Morley essays. Pretty much in that order.
 
Wait a minute ... I'm channeling Niles Crane here ... remember when he said, "There's a wonderful new lecture series on the history of lecture series"? Well, maybe I should write a post about the occasional difficulty in writing posts! Oh, wait, I already did that.
 
So ... anybody got another meme or questionnaire I can swipe?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...