09 June 2013

Sunday Scrap-bag

I love women's portraits, and here's my latest find (click on images for better viewing):
Portrait of Aline Mason in Blue
Raimundo de Madrazo y Garreta

Another painting I love, this one for its whimsical subject matter, which conjures up so many stories in one's imagination:
"In Jeopardy" (or "The Parasol")
Arthur Hacker
 
And then there's this lovely work:
"L'aquarelliste"
Alfred Smith
 
I would love to paint in the woods in an outfit like this, but I'm afraid of what might go crawling up my skirt.
 
Apropos of nothing, I'm looking forward to the Tonys tonight, though I have to say I would be very surprised if David Hyde Pierce won Best Actor in a Play, much as I love him. All the hoopla is about Tom Hanks, and after him, Tracy Letts. (Still, one can only hope ... )




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...