21 July 2013

Inspired by a Dream

     Temptation

     My past came back and kissed me
     When it saw my eyes were closed;
     It told me how it missed me,
     Then revealed its reddest rose.

     My past tried to seduce me
     With the old familiar charms;
     But it could not induce me
     From the other's whiter arms.


     This little poem was inspired by a very vivid dream I had years ago: 
     A tenor I worked with at Houston Grand Opera, a piano surrounded by dusty antique clutter, my university and its practice rooms. The tenor asked me to give him a coaching, and when he led me to the piano surrounded by dusty antiques, I told him I hadn't played in years; then I tentatively tried the opening bars of Bohème, and that was when he kissed me.
 
 
"Temptation" © Leticia Austria 2008
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...