24 April 2012

Blogging A to Z: "K" is for Kate and Kevin

I have been wracking my brain, trying to think of a K topic that intrigues me enough to write a whole blogpost about it. One idea was "Knowledge"--but, nah, too abstract and lofty. And, too, how much do I know about knowledge? It might have been too demoralizing to find out. Another idea was "Keys," as in music, but so much has already been written about the characteristics of various musical keys (G major is bright and happy, D-flat is mellow and introspective, etc.) and, frankly, I'm a bit tired of the subject.

So I decided to turn to people>>>actors. Avoiding the obvious and, again, oft-written-about Katharine Hepburn, I thought of my two favorite living "K" actors: Kate Winslet and Kevin Kline. And rather than attempt to analyze their skills, or state the reasons I like them, which are probably the same as the reasons everyone else likes them, I'll just let their work speak for me.

Kate as Ophelia, Hamlet
 
 
Kate as the young Iris Murdoch in Iris


Kate as another Iris in The Holiday


Kevin as Hamlet


Kevin as Hundert, a teacher of great integrity (The Emperor's Club)


And the pièce de résistance (because I just couldn't resist): Kevin as Otto (A Fish Called Wanda)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...