06 April 2012

A Passion Prayer

I wrote this prayer when I was a postulant. It's meant to be prayed with the Sorrowful Mysteries of the Rosary, one paragraph to each mystery, recited between the Our Father and the first Hail Mary of each decade. However, it can be prayed as a whole on its own, without the recitation of the Rosary.


By Thy sorrowful agony in the garden, O my Jesus, grant me true compunction for every offence I have made and shall ever make against Thy most Sacred Heart.

With each lash of Thy scourging, O my Jesus, strip away everything in me that is displeasing to Thee.

With Thy crown of thorns, O my Jesus, impress upon my every thought Thy great suffering and infinite love.

By the cruel bruises inflicted upon Thy weary shoulder from the weight of my sin, O my Jesus, teach me to bear my own cross with burning love for Thee.

In the shadow of Thy Holy Cross, O my Jesus, may I learn to love Thee with every breath I take and with every fibre of my being; may I carry always in my heart Thy bitter Passion which Thou hast so willingly endured for me; and may I never forget the boundless love and mercy Thou bearest for me, unworthy and sinful as I am. Open my heart by the merits of the Holy Wound which broke Thy own, and cleanse my soul with the Precious Blood which Thou hast shed for my sake, O loving and merciful Saviour.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...