20 July 2012

Just 'Cuz I Love It

     After reading my previous post, you may think it odd that I post a picture! I do post them from time to time. My friend and fellow blogger Elizabeth brought this painting to my attention, knowing that I would like it for a very specific reason: I have a friend in Italy with whom my main way of communicating is through letters -- the old-fashioned kind, written by hand (in cursive, of course!) and sent via snail mail. He isn't the only person I exchange letters with, but he is different from the rest of my correspondents in that I almost always have a dream about him shortly before receiving a letter from him. I've also had other prescient dreams concerning him, about illnesses, travel, etc. The strange thing is, I don't have these kinds of dreams about anyone else. I feel we have some sort of spiritual kinship -- along with everything else we have in common, which is a lot -- that makes our friendship special.
     This lovely painting, which shows the woman having just read the letter, gazing across the sea and thinking of her faraway friend, speaks volumes to me, so I thought I'd share it.

"The Letter" by Jan van Beers (the Younger)  (1852-1927)
Click on picture to enlarge

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...