27 July 2012

The Questionnaire

     I used to watch Inside the Actors Studio faithfully, but when on one episode I heard James Lipton vehemently and unfairly disparage the acting of opera singers (a huge generalization on his part, I might add), my enthusiasm for the show took a sudden and irreversible nose dive. I haven't watched it since.
     At the end of every conversation, Lipton asks the guest actor ten questions that he borrowed from the French series Bouillon de Culture, hosted by Bernard Pivot. In lieu of a real blogpost (in other words, until I think of a topic for a real one), I thought I'd post those questions here, along with my answers, and you all can mull over your own answers -- though perhaps mulling wouldn't be the thing, as one is supposed to answer each question spontaneously. 
What is your favorite word? Love. I know, cheesy -- but true.

What is your least favorite word? Two-word phrase, actually. At this point in time, it's the phrase "bad boy."

What turns you on? Certain kinds of music, especially Baroque and Mozart. To me, beautiful music is one way God speaks to his people.

What turns you off? Materialism and shallowness -- though, rather than saying they turn me off, it would be more accurate to say that they make me sad.

What sound do you most love? I prefer complete silence, but lacking that, I'd have to say a lone mockingbird singing his heart out.

What sound do you most hate? The pounding megabass on a loud stereo. It's hard to listen to God through all that sense-numbing racket. For me, anyway.

What is your favorite curse word? I try not to curse, but I can't help laughing when I hear someone say "bollocks."

What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? I'd really like to try being a contemplative nun again (if one can call that a profession), but if God says no, then I'd like to be a writer, not just of poetry, but prose as well, fiction and non-. I've wanted that since I was a little girl.

What profession would you not like to attempt? Politics.

If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you enter the pearly gates? "Welcome home. Everyone you ever loved is here."

2 comments:

  1. favorite word-harmony
    least fave-anxiety
    turns me on-time to do what I want
    turn off-lies
    sound liked-laughter
    sound hated-whining
    curse word- f*#k (I'm doing better at dropping this from my vocab)
    profession to attempt-author!
    profession not to attempt-waitress (too hard)
    If Heaven exists-"Fancy meeting you here!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is your favorite word? Grace

    What is your least favorite word? No

    What turns you on? Sparkle, color, surprises

    What turns you off? Rebellion

    What sound do you most love? The sweet strains of violin

    What sound do you most hate? Whistling hurts my ears

    What is your favorite curse word? I do not like or use any curse words at all

    What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? Teaching

    What profession would you not like to attempt? Anything that is solitary and repetitive

    If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you enter the pearly gates? Heaven DOES exist, and I hope to hear Jesus say "Well done, thou good and faithful servant."

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...